Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Disney Birthday

Friday our daughter turned four. That meant Thursday night, after she was asleep, my wife, my niece and I stayed up blowing up balloons, wrapping presents, and decorating our room for her birthday surprise when she awoke. She was very surprised, and very happy, when she woke in the morning, and we spent the time before breakfast opening gifts.




After breakfast, we made our final visit to Disney. Our daughter wore her new birthday dress and new, sparkling "wizard of oz" birthday ruby slippers. My wife had arranged (by insisting I make reservations - in February) for us to have lunch with the Disney Princesses as a birthday treat. So after riding all the rides we had missed on our first day, and revisiting the favorites, we lunched at 3:30. We took pictures with all of the princesses and finished the meal with a birthday cake and several other desserts.





Tomorrow we will leave Paris. Unless our children or my wife express an interest in returning later in life, this will probably be my last personal visit to Paris - maybe for a 50th wedding anniversary. I will remember Paris as cool, wet, hectic, tiring, and beautiful. After such a long, hard, tiring week in Paris, we are all looking forward to a week of nothing to do but sit on the beach in Barcelona. We all need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great!!! Please give your daughter a kiss and hug from one of her Great Aunts. DvB

Wonder Woman said...

An enchanting birthday she will always remember!