Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our New House

We're finally moved in!

We're thrilled with our new accommodations.  It's very similar to our house in Arizona, but the yard is smaller and the house is larger.  We moved about one mile from our previous residence so we won't have to learn a new neighborhood.  Many of the places we visit frequently are further away, but some are closer, so it works out okay.  The only bad things are my work commute is farther and our expenses will be higher as we now have to pay for trash removal, security and someone to clean the pool.

It will also be more work, but that's one of the reasons we moved here.  I enjoy doing yardwork, and will now have a yard to work in.  My first day of sweeping leaves resulted in two blisters, so I'm obviously out of practice.  We'll be able to change our own lightbulbs now, too!  Of course, the ceilings are so high I had to buy a ladder so I could reach the bulbs, but at least we get a return to the normalcy of doing somethings for ourselves.

The other big news is we have taken on a pet.  Three pets, actually.  Three tiny turtles of a type I have not yet researched to identify.  I tried to claim that the dozens of toads and two cats constantly roaming our yard were our pets.  She wasn't buying it.  I'm not sure why our daughter decided on turtles, but I'm glad she didn't want a horse.  Maybe that happens when she's older.

Below are the pictures of our new house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

WOW - place looks awesome!! You all are going to get spoiled living there!