Monday, April 20, 2009

More living in Jakarta - PICTURES



Having travelled to Indonesia a significant number of times in the last two years, including a 3 week trip shortly before moving here, I considered myself acclimated to life in Jakarta before we arrived. My daughter seems to have adapted to life here quite quickly herself. If you're wondering what she's thinking in the above picture it's "Who, me?" Below is what she was waiting for.


When she's not at restaurants helping her mom... I should probably tell a brief story here. When we go out to eat, I'm usually the one who does the talking. My Indonesian still has a long way to go, but I know enough to communicate with the waiters. On Friday, the three ladies went to lunch without me. When they were finished, my wife started looking for our waiter so she could pay the bill. My daughter noticed her and said "Are you trying to get the waiter mommy? Just say 'mas'!" 'Mas' is how you call for the waiter here. When she's not helping her mom, and when she's not helping her dad (this time, by telling the driver where I want to go - sorry, HER driver), she's enjoying the good life playing at indoor playgrounds, celebrating Easter, visiting her friends and swimming and lounging in the pool with grandma. She also spent two days last week in school and will likely enroll in the Montessori by our house sometime this week.













No comments: