Friday, August 28, 2009

Dinner at The Apartment

Wednesday night has become our date night. My wife and I try new restaurants, new spas, and/or have dinner with friends. This week, we tried a new restaurant called "The Apartment". The concept behind The Apartment is to eat out without having to leave home.

Each room of the restaurant is designed like a traditional room in an apartment - a bathroom with a sink and tub, a bedroom with a large bed, a living room with TV and couches, a study where you eat surrounded by books, and a pantry. Our table was in the bathroom connected to the tub. To complete the concept, the wait staff serve you wearing pajamas.

We dined with our good friends who are locals in Jakarta. It was their first visit, too, so it was a unique experience for everyone. I took the opportunity to try "wagyu" beef. I've never tasted steak so good. I could have eaten it with a spoon, it was so tender.

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

I wanted to do something like that but a house in a neighborhood!! In the living room you'd eat on a couch, in the bedroom you'd eat on a bed, etc.