Saturday, September 19, 2009

Back in Singapore

It's been a while since I last posted on my blog. I spent most of the last week exhausted because I didn't get any sleep on Sunday night. Why? Opening weekend of the NFL and I stayed up all night watching the games. Well, "watching" is probably not the most appropriate term. We don't have a channel in Jakarta - or Singapore - that broadcasts the NFL. I found some sites online that broadcast them, including NFL.com, but none of them were free and 1) I'm too cheap to pay for something like that and 2) I don't like watching a game if I already know the outcome. So, I "watched" the games by watching the statistics update real time on NFL.com. Nothing like watching a game by watching numbers come in and reading the play-by-play. I never did catch up on my sleep for that and I spent the week tired.

Thursday night, I caught my flight to Singapore. My mom arrived in Singapore Monday night, so I was looking forward to seeing her as well as my wife and daughter. Just like the first flight here, this flight was delayed about an hour - for the same reason. I think I'm going to change my future flights to Singapore. I don't think this flight will ever leave on time.

Friday, we had an appointment to take pregnancy photos in Singapore. We went to The Studio Loft on Pagoda street in Chinatown. About two hours later, we were done taking pictures and walked around the many shops in the area before returning to our apartment. At night, we walked along the river from our apartment to Clarke Quay where we ate at our favorite restaurant in Singapore - Tapas.

Today - Saturday - it rained most of the day, so we spent much of the day indoors playing Candy Land and Uno. We did find time during a break in the storms to go swimming. This evening, we saw the movie "G Force". Tomorrow, we are planning to return to Santosa Beach and fly a kite that we bought today (and I have to assemble tonight).

Tomorrow I'll take some pictures to upload so those of you unfamiliar with Singapore can see many of the things I'm talking about.

No comments: