Monday, April 19, 2010

An Easter Event

Friday, 15 April, our community held an Easter event for the children.  They didn't have to do anything, so I won't begrudge them the two weeks tardiness.  I think all the kids were on Spring Break and likely out of town if they had tried to hold it on Good Friday, so this worked out better.  The events started at 3:30, and I left work at 3:00 to try to be home in time to see everything.  I missed the egg painting, but not much else.

The event started with the egg painting.  Then they had an MC who lead the children through a variety of activities like making chicken noises, making funny hats with straws (my daughter wasn't quite sure what to make of that), popping balloons with their legs, and the limbo.  A magician followed these festivities, and a clown that made balloon animals completed the set.  After the entertainment concluded, it was off for the egg hunt.  The older kids found all the eggs, so my daughter found none.  They were nice enough to share what they found with her, though.


No comments: