Monday, November 9, 2009

Colic is as colic does

We are now all back in Jakarta. It's good to have the full family home again. I was really starting to feel like a ping-pong ball going back and forth from Singapore to Jakarta. Singapore always made me feel too distant from work, too, and there is too much work to be done for me to have that feeling.

Our first night in Jakarta, our son demonstrated that at the ripe age of 18 days, he has graduated to the next level of infant development, at least in our household: Colic. Our daughter was a colic baby, and so is our son. Apparently, we produce babies with colic. I don't remember how long she had colic. I do remember it was torturous. To the extent that someone actually said "I now understand why some people smother their babies". Colic is bad.

He also has the "seizures" that our daughter did. For some reason, his entire body goes stiff, as if every muscle in his body flexes at once. When they relax, he picks up an excruciating scream that makes the hair on your neck stand up. Our daughter did the same thing as an infant and grew out of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he graduates from these phases soon for all your sakes! Love, Gma Barb

Wonder Woman said...

Oh my...after my babysitting experience with your daughter when she was going thru the colic phase I understand your pain!!! Let him know to stop all that before I get there!

Hope you feel better soon too!!!