Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I have a fever

I woke at 3 AM shivering with cold. I wrote it off to being directly under the air conditioning, and just bundled up. When my alarm woke me at 5 AM, I was still cold, and now I had a stomach ache. I decided to go to work anyway.

At work, I took Tylenol every 4 hours - which is about the cycle of chills I was having - and felt fine while the medicine worked. At 3:30, when it was time to take it again, I decided not to. I went to my physical therapist for a cyatic nerve issue, and was absolutely freezing. She said my body was hot to the touch and that I probably had a fever. After the session, I went to our medical clinic.

Diagnosis: unknown, but NOT H1N1. Fever was 102.3. No other symptoms - respiratory, nasal, stomach, etc. Just the fever. So, they told me to go home and stay home for 3 days and wait. If I get new symptoms, I have to go back. If the fever is still around after 3 days, I have to go back.

Last night, I fell asleep after dinner around 7:30 and woke at 9 AM this morning. Fever was gone, but is back - much lower - this afternoon. I'm able to keep it down with medicine, and I no longer have chills, just heat. I think I'll be better by Friday.

I'm disappointed because I finally just got back to work. This is really annoying.

No comments: