Sunday, November 15, 2009

Feeling Fine

Antibiotics have done their duty. Within a few hours of taking the pills, my fever was gone for good. Two days later, I have my energy back. Still have stomach cramps, but they don't collapse me to the ground like they did when it was at its worst.

With my new found health, we made the obligatory trip to Taman Safari zoo. This is always a full-day affair if we go on a weekend. Two hours to get there, four hours to get back. Part of the traffic issue is the fact that the make the only road two and from Puncak, where the zoo is, one direction. Up from 1 until 4, down from 4 until 7. If we try to leave before 4, we're stuck in standstill traffic until they reverse the direction. I brought three movies with us this time in anticipation. Worked out okay.

My mother-in-law wanted to return to Puncak Pass, like we did on her first trip. We had fond memories of our first visit. The same cannot be said of this visit. We went there for lunch. Everyone ordered, everyone got their drinks, everyone but me got their food. Knowing that they often bring food when it is ready, not when the whole table is ready, I told people to eat as the food came out. Mine still had not arrived when everyone else had finished. I asked the staff where mine was, and they had forgotten to order it. I told them to forget it, settled the bill, and we left. I won't go back. It wasn't that great to begin with, and that's just not a mistake a restaurant should ever make if it wants to retain customers.

Taman Safari was fun as always. In addition to the carrots we usually buy, we stopped to buy some oranges for the elephants and the wild monkeys, which are not actually part of the zoo but go there for the easy food. As you can see in the pictures below, I made some new friends, and my daughter had fun as always.






1 comment:

Sofia said...

Refering to your resturant visit. I have to tell you, that in my experience, this is quite a common situation in Asia. Many times in China this happened to us and also here of course. The trick is never let one person order for everyone. Each person has to show from the menu and tell what he/she desires. Then, in the end, let the waitress/waiter repeat the order. Otherwise one dish or two will disappear. This is not bullet proof though, but a little safer...